The Institute will soon move to a new location. During the move, there will be some disruption to the Institute's services.
- The Institute's library will close at the start of April. We expect to reopen the library at the end of August. Please note that the library of the University of Iceland will still be open during this time. See here for opening hours in the summer.
- Access to the Institute's manuscript collection will be closed from the start of May until the middle of August.
- The archives of the Department of Onomastics are closed until the end of August.
Timeline - Bullet Points
- April: Closing of the library. Opening ceremony for the new building.
- May: Archive storage and equipment installed.
- June: Manuscripts expected to be transferred.
- August: Opening of the library in the new building.